Skip to main content

Super September

Finally the super September is about to end. This 1 month has taught a lot. I have got a new perspective of dealing with things in life. Travelling alone has always fascinated me and this month has again given me this opportunity.

Journey started with my favorite city Bengaluru. This city always welcomes me with open arms and gives me the freedom of travelling alone SAFELY. When I took airport shuttle for my cousin's place I had few emotional baggages in my mind regarding things I left midway when I left Delhi. But slowly it all went off and I started enjoying my company by exploring the new parts of the city. After reaching Mahadevpura, I saw an altogether different side of the city which resembled Chennai a lot. During my entire stay I went back to that phase when I left home alone for the first time. But Bengaluru looked much more beautiful when I came earlier.

My cousin was waiting for me at some bypass, when I de-boarded the bus she welcomed me with a warm hug and we shared some of the sisterly love. My sister dropped me at home and went back to her office promising she will be back soon. After she left within few minutes I quickly jumped on the bed and fell asleep. When I woke up, I realized my quick power nap has turned out to be full-fledged 5 hours sleep. With a little embarrassment I headed towards the living area and found my jiju sitting on the couch playing with their little one whereas my cousin was trying her hand on some recipe she read on Facebook which she named as “Papad Samosa”. At that moment I prayed to God that it should turn out to be a nice one as I was hungry by then.

After finishing the dinner I went to the open area of the house to attend a call and suddenly fell in love all over again with the weather of Bengaluru. In September, it is really hot and humid in Delhi but in Bengaluru, it was drizzling and the cool breeze was distracting me from my call, however I loved that kind of distraction. After finishing her daily chores, my sister also joined me there and we started gossiping and chatting about variety of people we have in our home.

As Bengaluru is a hub of my cousins, I had to meet each and every one during my stay. Therefore, next day morning I quickly stuffed my handbag with few clothes and left for another part of the city called Koramangala. Thankfully this place was not looking alien to me when I reached her office. After wasting approximately half an hour, she appeared in front of me but to my disappointment she was again on her official call. I was in a dilemma of whether I should hug her right now or should I wait for her call to end. While I kept on deciding, she came forward and gave a warm hug to me and a bright smile appeared on my face. Once the call got over, we started gossiping about the latest events happening in our lives.

As soon as we reached home, she made a plan of club hopping and without wasting much of the time we were out of the house in her car with a music blasting ears of everyone around us. But we were least bothered as we were more than excited to have each other’s company which we thoroughly missed. We tried few clubs but none was matching our excitement level. Finally we settled ourselves in ABC i.e. the Arbor Brewing Company.  When she mentioned this name I was shocked to hear that this could be a pub’s name but when reached there I was intrigued to see the atmosphere. At the entry, they had a huge plant of fresh brewing beer. Although I am not a big fan of beer but after seeing that plant I suddenly became extremely interested. But as usual when our drinks arrived I was unable to take more than a sip. Thankfully I had my elder sister to finish the drink for me and I passed the glass to her with a wink and she immediately understood what I was upto and smirked. 

According to her I didn’t have a good time in ABC so we had to go somewhere else. She named another place called Monkey Bar. I heard this name earlier but didn’t have opportunity to pay a visit. We quickly jumped inside the car and stormed towards the place because the most un-happening part of Bengaluru is 11pm every bar is closed so we had to reach on time. Finally we reached the place and gave them the last order of their day. I had the tastiest drink that day called Manga. It was the exclusive cocktail of Monkey Bar.

Finally our happening night out came to an end after having an ice cream at some parlor whose name I do not remember as I was least bothered to gather any more information. At that Ice-cream parlor, we were the only ones sitting and having a laughter ride because of some stupid thing that was making us laugh our heart out. After having that laughter filled ice-cream we went straight to her home and jumped onto the bed immediately and feel asleep.

Next day morning we all started our journey towards another beautiful place called “Coorg”. Although we faced a really tough time finding the right highway towards Coorg but when we reached the place it was all worth the effort. It was the most beautiful and romantic place I have seen till date. It had a certain amount of serenity which was very appealing. My sister booked a homestay that turned out to be the addition to the beauty of Coorg as it was the most peaceful place I have been. Although, I am not a very peaceful place loving person and too much silence haunts me but that place made me enjoy it. During our stay at Coorg, we enjoyed sightseeing and clicked lacs of pictures in front of various waterfalls and showed every bit of our sisterly love. Coorg is famous for its coffee plantation but it was news to me that it also produces cardamom. While buying souvenirs, I made sure that I buy these things and stuff my bag a little more.

We left coorg in the morning and started our drive towards Bengaluru. During our journey, my sister named another place called Shivasamudram which she told me is also known as heaven on earth and asked me if I want to go there, I immediately said yes. We turned our car towards that place. It was located at a distance of approx. 80 kms from Mysore. The Shivasamudram falls was divided into two waterfalls: Barachukki and Gaganachukki. We did not know the timings to visit the place. As a result, when we finally reached there the doors were closed and we were not allowed to see the falls. I felt like banging my head on that door but kept my cool. We took a U-turn and headed straightaway towards Bengaluru. Next day I supposed to leave so for the whole night my sister made sure that I do not sleep and dragged me to the balcony and we kept on chatting till midnight. At the back of my mind I knew that even I didn’t want to go back to that monotonous routine.

Next day morning with a heavy heart I said good bye to my sister and a thought cross my mind that what a blessing it is to have an elder sister. But before I could get too emotional about this fact, I decided to drag my bag out of the house towards my jiju who was all dressed up to drop me at the airport. Again I was on the aircraft all by myself cherishing all the memories I made in the last few days.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bollywood: Birth and Evolution

Indian Hindi Film Industry, popularly known as Bollywood, is one of the strongest global cultural ambassadors of a new India. It has derived its name from the term Hollywood, which was given to the American Film Industry. Indian Cinema is one of the richest industry which produces the maximum number of movies in the world at around 1,500 to 2,000 every year in over 20 languages. Indian Cinema has evolved over a period of time. In the year 1931, the first silent feature film of India titled Raja Harishchandra produced and directed by Dadasaheb Phalke was released. This is the reason he is considered as the father of the Indian film industry and the most coveted award of Indian Cinema is named after him as Dadasaheb Phalke Award. In 1831, first Indian sound film titled Alam Ara was released. It was the directorial venture of Ardeshir Irani. It became so popular among the audience that Police had to be called in few theatres to control the crowd. In 1937, the first colour fi

The Red Garden of Bangalore

If you have a keen interest in the history of Bangalore then you must be aware of the importance Lalbagh holds for this city. But because of being a Delhite, I was completely unaware of the beauty of this place. When I went to Bangalore for the first time, I just thought of exploring the city on my own. I quickly googled it and found Lalbagh at the first place. Next thing I did was to take an auto-rickshaw from the brigade road which costed me around Rs 80. My auto-rickshaw dropped me at the main gate of Lalbagh. Lalbagh actually has four gates Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern that leads to different sections of the city. There was no ticket charged as they have a specific timing (6 am - 9 am and 5:30 pm to 7 pm) during which they do not charge a single penny from the visitor, else the ticket cost was Rs 20 and the garden is kept open for all the visitors from 6 am to 7 pm. The moment I entered, I was mesmerized by the beauty of this garden. It is a 240 acre huge garde

Holi: A festival for men

Since childhood, I loved playing with colours. When I was really tiny, all the cousins used to come over on the eve of Holi and we used to play on the terrace of our house with our little pichkaris and water balloons. When my parents moved to another city, I used to go to my maternal cousin’s house and all the kids of their locality used to play Holi in the playground. It was so much fun running around with those buckets and balloons in our hands. Then I GREW UP and everything literally changed. Suddenly I started feeling that this festival only belongs to men as I was feeling really unsafe around them. There were many incidences when I safeguarded myself from getting groped.   Today it has become worst when I cannot even think of stepping outside my house in the morning hours when people become wild while playing Holi. I do not live in a gated society so whenever I open my window and look towards the main road during the peak hours of Holi I am unable to find a